On Monday Samsung launched two new smartphones, Galaxy A8 and A8+. Considered to be successors to the last year’s Galaxy A5, Samsung’s new phones will be available in select markets, starting next month.
Galaxy A8 and A8+ are also Samsung’s debut mid-range smartphones to come with an 18:9 ratios ‘Infinity Display’.
So far, the display technology was exclusive to the company’s premium range of smartphones, such as Galaxy S8 and Galaxy Note 8.
In a debut for Samsung smartphone, it comes with a dual front-facing camera setup that allows users to take selfies like DSLR photos.
Other key highlights of the smartphone include Samsung Pay, the company’s digital payment service, and IP68 certification for water and dust resistance.
“With the launch of both Galaxy smartphones, we’re fetching our buyers’ ideal features from our flagship mid-range smartphones, such as the “Infinity Display” and our first Dual Front-facing Camera setup with Live Focus, to our Galaxy A-series, which is already known for its premium design,” said Junho Park, Vice President of Global Product Planning, Mobile Communications Business at Samsung Electronics in a blog post.
Samsung Galaxy A8 and A8+: Specifications
- Samsung Galaxy A8 has 5.6-inch ratios of edge screen but Galaxy A8+ 2k17 has a larger 6-inch display. Both the device has an 18:5:9 display with 1080 pixel plus resolution. Both the smartphones are having the debut Samsung smartphones to support Samsung’s latest Gear Virtual Reality feature.
Storage and memory
It has 4GB of RAM and 32GB/64GB inbuilt memory, Galaxy A8+ comes in 2-models
- One is 4GB RAM + 32GB storage
- Another one is 6GB RAM + 64GB storage
- Both the phones are powered by an octa-core (2.2GHz Dual + 1.6GHz Hexa) processor.
- Both smartphones come with 16-MP and 8-MP camera setup. On the rear, both smartphones have a 16-MP camera.
- Other basic features of Galaxy A8 and A8+; it is running under Android 7.1 Nougat
- The Galaxy A8 is powered by a 3,000mAh power battery while it has a bigger 3,500mAh power battery.