There was a time when only wired mice were available for PCs. But thanks to the rapid growth of technology worldwide, we now have mice that are able to function without cords. These mice are known as wireless mice or cordless mice. Such wireless mice have undoubtedly made our lives easier. From Bluetooth to Infrared waves to RF, they all use some sort of wireless technology. Now you might be wondering how to connect a wireless mouse to your PC. Well, don’t worry. The entire process is nothing but a piece of cake if you know what you’re doing. In this article, we are about to discuss just that.
How can you connect wireless mouse to your laptop?
Wireless mice are among the most wonderful innovations of technology. They enable you to use them without any wire or cord. But how can you connect a wireless mouse to a laptop? Here are some of the methods to connect a cordless mouse to a computer.
Best ways to connect wireless mouse to a PC
As we mentioned above, there are several ways to connect wireless mouse to your PC. Let us take a look.
Using a wireless receiver is one of the best methods to use for connecting your wireless mouse to your laptop. Follow the below steps properly to make this method work:
- First, plug in the wireless receiver to your laptop and then turn the mouse on. It will help your PC determine if any software or driver is necessary and download it. Remember to check if your mouse’s batteries are fully charged. If not, recharge them or buy new ones according to the type of your batteries.
- Turning on the mouse is pretty easy. Flip your mouse and look for the on/off switch at its bottom. Manipulate it to turn your mouse on or off.
- After you’ve turned on your mouse, it is time for you to press its connect button. The location of this button varies from mouse to mouse. But most of the time, it resides on its side or between its buttons. However, keep in mind that some mice don’t need to establish manual connections to work.
- So you have to identify your mouse type.
- Once you’ve performed all the above steps, your wireless mouse will connect itself to your PC. Move it around a bit if it’s working properly.
Connect a Bluetooth mouse to a PC without a wireless receiver
Connecting a Bluetooth Mouse without a USB receiver can get a bit tricky sometimes. But if you follow the below steps properly, it becomes very easy:
- Put new batteries into your wireless mouse and turn it on.
- After turning it on, go to the Start menu on your laptop and click on Settings.
- From your PC’s Settings, find the Devices icon and click on it.
- Now, click on ‘Bluetooth & other devices’ and turn on the Bluetooth connection.
- Find the ‘Add a device’ option and click on it. This starts a search for nearby Bluetooth devices.
- Press the pairing button on your Bluetooth mouse and hold it for a few seconds. This enables your laptop to find your Bluetooth device.
- Once it discovers your mouse, click on its name to connect it to your PC.
Now let’s look at how to connect a wireless mouse to a MacBook.
- First, turn on your Bluetooth mouse by manipulating its on/off switch.
- Then click on the Apple icon. Doing this will open a drop-down menu.
- Click on ‘System Preferences’.
- Find the Bluetooth icon and turn it on.
- After you have done that, press your mouse’s pairing button and hold it. This will help your PC discover your Bluetooth mouse.
- Once your laptop discovers your wireless mouse, find your mouse’s name. Click on the ‘Connect’ button beside its name. It will connect your mouse to your MacBook and you will be able to use it.
If your PC runs on Linux, follow the steps mentioned below to connect your Bluetooth mouse to it.
- Put fresh batteries into your Bluetooth mouse and switch it on.
- Then press and hold the mouse’s pairing button for a few moments to make it discoverable by nearby devices.
- After that, go to the Bluetooth option on your PC and turn it on.
- Now, look for your Bluetooth device’s name in the ‘Devices’ section. Once you’ve found your mouse’s name, select it to finish the process of establishing the connection. Your wireless mouse is now ready to use.
Where is the connect button on a wireless mouse?
The connect button or pairing button on your wireless mouse is a very useful button. It helps make your Bluetooth mouse discoverable by other devices. Without it, you won’t be able to connect your mouse to your PC. Although its location varies from device to device, this button mostly resides on its side or between its buttons.
How can we connect a wireless mouse?
Connecting a wireless mouse to a PC is not a tough task. But you got to know what you’re doing. Otherwise, you will feel lost. In order to connect a wireless mouse to your laptop, first, identify if your mouse works on RF or Bluetooth. After determining its type, you can follow any of the methods mentioned in the article according to your needs.
How to connect a wireless mouse without USB?
If your wireless mouse functions without a USB receiver, you can use the methods mentioned here specifically for such devices. But you have to keep in mind your PC’s operating system. Identify whether your computer runs on Windows, Mac, or Ubuntu. It will help you choose the right method for you.
In this article, we told you how to connect a wireless mouse to your PC. In fact, we showed you some of the best methods to achieve that. Determine your mouse and OS type and choose the method that works best.